|Stats from my three Ironman races|
What is all that? It's graphs of my weekly swim (green), bike (blue), run (red) and TSS (orange) for the six months leading up to each of the my Ironman races. There's all kinds of cool stuff to pull out of this data, but I'll just mention a few of my thoughts on it.
- The swim mileage has tapered off considerably in each race. This is a product of not being in a regular masters class.
- The swim mileage seems way too low! Less than 3 miles a week doesn't even seem possible, since I swim masters twice (about 1.5 miles each) plus one open water swim (1 to 2 miles) each week. Maybe I'm skipping too much?!
- My bike miles were down considerably from IMAZ to IMSTG, dropping from 92 to 75 miles per week. This is partly because I was focusing on the run during that time, partly because this was winter, and partly because I just wasn't into biking for a while. Luckily, it's recovered a bit to 88 miles/week for IMWI.
- My run miles are up considerably, an increase of 40% from 13.3 to 18.7 miles per week.
- During my IMAZ prep, I ran more than 20 miles six times. For IMWI I've done it 11 times.
- During my IMAZ prep, I ran more than 30 miles zero times. For IMWI I've done it 3 times.
So what does all this mean? I'm ready to race! I have a huge aerobic base after 3 season of Ironman training. I set a half marathon PR at Carlsbad in January, and broke it at AFC in August. I had my best IM70.3 run in Oceanside this year. My biking has been a little suspect this season, but my numbers look good during my power tests - so I'm confident that I'll do fine if I can drink enough water during the race.
Two more weeks to keep sharp, then it's off to see what I can do on the plains of Wisconsin. I can't wait!