- Sunshine. It makes me smile every time. It also burns me since I have a seriously pale complexion. Oh irony.
- Swimming in the ocean
- Bikes. Everything about them. I love the freedom, I love the burning legs when grinding up a hill, and the rush of 40 MPH switchbacks. I love being a bike commuter. Plus, cycling chicks are hot!
- Holidays with family. These are rare now that I live 2000 miles away. I especially appreciate the fleeting time I get to spend with my three brothers, and my niece and nephew.
- Effortless friendships. I have friends from childhood, college, my time in Chicago and of course here in SD which I treasure immensely. Even when distance and laziness have caused us to lose touch, good friends reconnect without awkwardness or drama. I miss you all - give me a call
- Independence. I moved away from home at 18, got my own place at 22. Loved that feeling. I made my last car payment, and grinned ear-to-ear. I delight in expressing my free will.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Six Things That Make Me Happy
Today I need a reminder of the positive stuff in my life. Here are a few things that make the good times so good, that the shitty moments are forgotten.