Monday, December 1, 2008

Getting back to work

Back in the pool tonight 8 days after racing Ironman Arizona. I had tentatively planned on taking 4 weeks off - all the way until January, but I'm getting seriously restless already. I felt sluggish and tired in the pool tonight - and I was slow, 10 seconds slower per 100 meters than before the race. Ouch. I'm going to take a few more days off and get back at it on Thursday, which is 4 months out from my next race. This season I have a coach, who's a real cool guy - and I'm super excited to work with him. He's going to try to teach me to be a runner. He doesn't know how gigantic a task he has! Crap do I hate running. I suck at it, and hate it, and I'm pretty sure it hates me. Maybe we can change some of that during this year. There are some other aspects of this season I'm not super excited about, but I'm hopeful that stuff will work itself out. It shouldn't be a big deal - but I have a talent for magnifying problems. I'm going to put my faith in the idea that if you surround yourself with good people, good things will come. I've certainly done the former, I have the best friends on the planet, and I'm very careful about whom I associate myself with.

No comments: