Wednesday, December 24, 2008

December Stars

I'm in the midwest visiting family, and things here are different. The sky is grey, and the chill in the air reminds me of my long lost ability to endure cold. Even the nighttime sky looks different from here. I guess perspective is everything.
I'm lucky that once a year the most important people in my life are in the same room at the same time. I treasure the time I have here, even though it is always too short. Every time I see them my friends from Ohio ask when I will be moving back. They don't seem to get it - I'm not. I miss being here, and during certain times it's been excruciating to be absent - but leaving opened up my world, and I want it to keep expanding. I've spent my adult life wandering, I'm one of those souls who was born a long way from home.
Being here reminds me of what I'm trying to do with my life, and reassures me that funk I've been in lately is minor. I'm proud that the bravest man I've ever met calls me brother, I love you E, you inspire me.
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

rocketpants said...

Sounds like you are having a great time home! i hope you had a great christmas with your fam.

I do hope you made some important phone calls recently. ;-)