Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby steps

I see a lot of blogs documenting people's road to Ironman. They tend to be lists of workouts, inspirational quotes, and culminate in the author achieving their goal of completing the Ironman race, a photo of their new M-Dot tattoo, and then nothing. I'm starting backwards. I just completed my first Ironman, and am going to be blogging about nothing in particular. There will probably be a lot of workout related posts - I've been completely obsessed with triathlon for two years, and especially since I started training for the Ironman. It's really been the only thing on my mind for the last 14 months, so I'm sure I'll write about it eventually. But I've had a lot of free time lately for a change - 3 weeks of taper before the race, and now some recovery afterwards - and I guess I'm getting bored.
I'll probably write about other random things as well - I'm a true geek and I love writing software. I'll try to keep the geek stuff to a minimum, but no promises. This will probably be a winding road, hope someone finds it entertaining :)

No comments: